(Photo courtesy Mary Wray)
A Course in Miracles Study Group
January 19, 2016
- In our session today we looked at the idea of the early lessons of the ACIM workbook specifically Lesson 18 and 19 (I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my seeing or my thoughts.)
- Examples from our everyday life how practicing ACIM lessons can help us release judgments.
- As we release judgments, we heal a sense of separation between ourselves and others in our life which fosters a greater sense of connection.
We discussed the following areas:
- Does practicing the principles of ACIM mean we will be happy all the time like saints from different traditions?
- Is enlightenment a state of constant bliss?
- Why ACIM is like an Olympic training for our minds?
- What if we gave all of our experiences one purpose- that of healing our minds?
We realized that some teachings from Eckhart Tolle were helpful and shed light on our discussion.
“As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.”
“The word enlightenment conjures up the idea of some super-human accomplishment, and the ego likes to keep it that way, but it is simply your natural state of felt oneness with Being. It is a state of connectedness with something immeasurable and indestructible, something that, almost paradoxically, is essentially you and yet is much greater than you. It is finding your true nature beyond name and form.”
Listen to the full discussion below (58:17)
Join the Newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.