Medical School, Residency, and Board Certification
I graduated from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in NYC in 1992 and completed my residency in pediatrics at NY Hospital-Cornell Medical Center (currently known as NY Presbyterian – Weill Cornell Medical Center) also in NYC in 1996. I am board certified in pediatrics since 1996 and recently passed my recertification test in 2013.
Background/Training in A Course in Miracles
I am currently enrolled in a 2 year online Mystical Mind Training Program based on A Course in Miracles with Living Miracles Monastery in Kamas, Utah (which I will be completing Spring 2017)
I completed a 6 month Living in Purpose Program through the Teachers of God Foundation, Amesbury, MA, also based on A Course in Miracles in October 2015.
Mind body medicine
- Attitudinal Healing International ( online workshop in attitudinal healing completed in July 2015)
- Professional training in mind body medicine at the Center for Mind/Body Medicine in Washington DC in 2010
- Clinical training in mind body medicine with Dr. Herbert Benson and his colleagues at Harvard Medical School in 1999
- Training in clinical hypnosis in children with Dr. Larry Sugarman in Rochester, NY in 2000
- Canadian Academy of Homeopathy in Montreal, Canada with Dr. Andre Saine between 2006 and 2012 (consisted of seminars, online workshops and distance video learning)
- Summer school in homeopathy at John Hopkins University through the National Center for Homeopathy in 2001
- Hatha Yoga Teacher 200-hour training certification through Himalayan Institute, Honesdale, PA. (2002)
- Level 1 and 2 training with Janice McNamara RN in Rochester, NY in 2012
- Training with Dr. Donald Londorf in 2001 in Rochester, NY
- Coursework through distance learning in Ayurveda principles through The Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, NM with Dr. Vasant Lad & Dr. Robert Svoboda in 1999
- Khaneja S, Milrod B; Educational needs in caring for terminally-ill children among pediatricians. Arch Ped Adol Med 1998 Sept.
- Khaneja S, and Sahler OJZ. Development of an elective in integrative/complementary medicine for fourth year medical students and pediatric residents Fall issue, 2002 Annals of Behavioral Science and Medical Education
- Have written several chapters on various medical topics for Attorney’s Textbook of Medicine (published by Lexis Nexis/Matthew Bender), including autism, battered child syndrome and psychological maltreatment of women and children (2003-05)
- Reviewed and co-authored many other chapters on various medical topics for Attorney’s Textbook of Medicine including asthma, dermatitis, dyslexia, epiphyseal injuries and sleep disorders (2003-05)
- Various articles written on homeopathy and other mind body medicine topics for professional and lay publications
Join the Newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.